Regularly encouraging curiosity about science lays the foundation for children’s future careers.
The first ScientifiKIDs teams aged 4 to 15 years old carried out their projects in July 2012 during long vacation at the campus of Akosombo International School (AIS). In the upcoming 2013 season ScientifiKIDs workshops will come off at
- Akosombo for communities around the Volta River Dam in Asuogyaman District-Eastern Region and
- Achimota for sub-urban kids in Okaikoi-North Sub-Metro District, Greater Accra Region.
We expect a very vibrant interaction between pupils and teachers who have been invited from schools of varying categories- private, public, urban and rural. The main agenda is to practice cooperative learning and informal inquiry, so everybody will be involved in
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
Activities will cover familiar topics from the basic level integrated science syllabus to deepen participant’s knowledge. All workshop atmospheres allows everyone an opportunity to develop their cognitive skills at a gentle and non-pressured pace through the informal scientific inquiry.
Institutions, businesses, and individual philanthropists can support us by helping to cover participants’ commuting costs, snacks, individual practice and learning materials as well as TV production logistics and accommodation for the Key Science Resource Person and the media crew and Project coordinating Team.
A great learning and fun experience for participants and the general viewing public.
Highlights for the ScientifiKIDs 2013 workshops
Get help to select, prepare and present your own science project like a pro
- Spectacular demo-sessions led by top science resource persons
- Public and private school pupils can team up for projects and ICT tutorials
- Full screening and review of season I videos
- Training-of-trainers workshop – preparing new mentors for nationwide replication